Notice to Vacate
We are sorry to see you leave Leading Edge. We understand moving is a busy and stressful time for everyone. We’ve listed some tips below to help and our processes. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your property manager.
- We must know the exact date the home will be completely vacant so we may represent the property as being available for new residents on that date.
- If vacating in the winter, set the thermostat to no lower than 60 degrees to prevent freezing of pipes.
- We must be informed of a valid forwarding address. Please send with your notice or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All utilities must remain on for 2 business days after your move-out date so the property evaluation can be performed.
Please remember that a certain amount of cleaning is expected of you when you move out. It is our goal to refund 100% of your security deposit (minus the agreed upon charges in the lease, such as carpet cleaning, lock rekeying, and final water and/or sewer bills) and by following the checklist below you will help us achieve that goal. If you need assistance with any of these items, we have a list of professional vendors that we can refer to you for their services.
On the day of your move-out, please leave all keys/garage door remotes/access cards/etc in your unit except for one main door key. The one main door key needs to be placed in the keybox we left at the property when you moved in. If you do not have a key box, please hide the key and email us the location of that key. email@example.com.
When you are 100% done at the property, please lock the front door behind you and call our office to notify the Leading Edge team that you have surrendered the property. You will not be allowed to access the property after this time for any reason.
- The Leading Edge Property Management company has 21 Days to send you an itemization of your security deposit upon two events.
Please do not call or email to ask about any deductions there may be. Itemizations are typically completed between the 18th-20th of each month following the month in which you vacated.
- All cleaning/yard work/etc. must be finished on or before the lease expiration date(your move-out date). Should you not fulfill all of these obligations, they will be completed for you by Leading Edge Property Management company at your expenses. Leading Edge Property Management will assess a $xxx.00 coordination fee to schedule repairs/unfinished work.
- In addition, a move-out property assessment will be done at the property upon your surrendering. This property assessment report is not scheduled with you upon surrendering. The property assessment report is performed by the property manager or designated representative.
Prior to your move-in, your rental property will be cleaned, locks re-keyed, and any carpets will be professionally cleaned. Upon your move-out, the property is expected to be in the same clean condition. Upon move-out, the following items will be inspected and considered with respect to possible deductions from your security deposit. Final deductions will be based on the actual cleaning or repair costs incurred by the Leading Edge Property Management company from the respective contractors assigned to complete repairs/unfinished work. Leading Edge Property Management will add a $xxx coordination fee to schedule repairs/unfinished work.
- Begin to discard all unwanted items for trash or special pick-up—avoid piles of debris in front of your residence on moving day. Trash companies will not haul away any large items. If anything is left outside of your trash can, we will have to hire a company to remove those items and bill your account.
- Update your online account with us and remove your monthly rent payment from the auto deduction system. As a reminder we do not collect or hold a last month's rent; the last month of rent must still be paid and on time.
- Remove all food, debris, and other personal belongings- do not leave coat hangers, grocery bags, etc, etc
- We highly recommend hiring a professional house cleaner and a blind cleaning company to clean the house. If you'd like a referral please let us know. If you do hire a house cleaner, please share the cleaning checklist with them. It can be found on our website https://www.edgehomerentals.com/documents/Move-Out Cleaning Checklist.pdf.
- Clean (and defrost if necessary) refrigerator--do not forget behind the fridge
- Clean stove, oven, and any other appliances--do not forget to pull out the stove to clean the sides, under, and behind
- Replace all burned-out light bulbs with the correct style bulb.
- Do Not "touch up paint" on any walls. This actually causes damage to the walls because it will not match. It is best to wipe the walls with a cleaning solution or magic erasers.
- Clean all floors and/or carpeting by vacuuming carpets only. The carpets will be professionally cleaned by our vendor. We will not be accepting “carpets cleaned” using a Rug Doctor as they do not clean adequately enough. Should you wish to make use of our approved professionals, kindly reach out to our office and we will gladly provide you with their contact information. Please keep the receipt as proof and email a copy to our office for our records.
- Be sure grounds and lawn are trim, clean, and free of weeds and leaves
- Report any and all damage in writing to Care@LeadingEdgeRealEstate.info
- Upon leaving, please be sure to fully secure the rental by locking all windows and doors